Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Deleting and Adding Wisdom


The End of Four Wisdom Teeth; The Beginning of Something Else

By deleting wisdom I mean wisdom teeth.  That's how I got started on a handwritten journal November 30, 2011, which grew into this blog.  I was watching A Walk to Remember with my daughter, Christi, as she slowly recovered from her wisdom-teeth extraction her senior year of high school.  The godly mother of the inspiring main character, before she died untimely, left her daughter with a book of handwritten Bible verses and other worthy thoughts and quotes to help her and share her heart with her.  I hope that whomever shares my heart by reading these thoughts will be encouraged and brought closer to the heart of Christ, who is the center and focus of my life.

My Favorite Verse of Holy Scripture:  "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).  I remember the day I first discovered this truth as a new Christian my sophomore year of college.  It is why we can "give thanks in all circumstances" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).  God is in control.  We who by His grace have come to know and love Him through the Lord Jesus Christ find Him utterly trustworthy and sense His sovereign, guiding hand in every aspect of our liveswhether pleasant or not.  We prize maturity and increasing Christ-likeness over any earthly comfort.  That has a wonderful way of rooting out fear and intimidation!

A Favorite Sermon:  At Merrimack Valley (Orthodox) Presbyterian Church on Sunday, November 27, 2011 by a beloved pastor, Dr. David A. Booth, on 1 Corinthians 2:1-5:

Here he talks about seeing and interpreting all things through the lens of the cross.  He contrasts the theology of glory with the theology of the cross.  Another way of saying that is, "'Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty" (Zechariah 4:6).  Sunday night on the same day, in a sermon on Hosea 10:4-12, Pastor David explains, "It is easier to be religious than to be faithful."  Being faithful to what God has called us to do in His Word is the appropriate response to His grace in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment